The Quality Assurance Committee was formerly known as the Quality System Standards Subcommittee of the Rail Industry Forum of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM-RIF-QSSS). The committee is composed of purchasing and quality professionals from various North American Railroads, both freight and passenger.
The Quality Assurance Committee was created to promote the implementation of recognized quality assurance systems by the major suppliers to North American railroads. The Quality Assurance Committee is not affiliated with any other quality organization, but works closely with the Railway Progress Institute (RPI) and the Quality Assurance Committee of the Association of American Railroads (AAR) to improve the overall quality of goods and services sold to the railroad industry.
For questions regarding the Quality Assurance Committee, please contact one of the Members
- Warranty Working Group Update 2003
The above file is a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation, which requires Microsoft’s Powerpoint application for viewing. If your browser is not configured to open the Powerpoint application automatically when the file is selected, the file can be downloaded and opened in the application manually.
- Business Case Study for Bar Coding [98K PDF]
- Meeting Calendar
- AAR Manual of Standards & Practices: Equipment ID Warranty Specification (vers. 18) [155K PDF]
- AAR Label Examples [1.3MB PDF]
- How the Quality Assurance Committee is Organized Overview of the Quality Assurance structure and various ad hoc committees
- How the Quality Assurance Program Works Updated May 23, 2000
- Quality Assurance Registry Updated July 2005
- Quality Assurance Compendium