Supplier Code of Conduct
The objective of the Packaging Standards Subcommittee is to identify and develop standards that are consistent throughout the railroad industry. These standards are established by consensus of the subcommittee membership following research and test of prototypes, using brainstorming methods, with product and packaging supplier recommendations. Your expertise and assistance in helping the Subcommittee achieve its goal will benefit the entire industry by furnishing ergonomically safe and economical packaging standards. As an invited observer/participant, your company representative(s) are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- No more than three company representatives may attend any one meeting and all must be preapproved by the Subcommittee Chairperson.
- Approval must be solicited of and granted by the Subcommittee Chairperson for each meeting attended, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Strict adherence to the published agenda and the time allotted for discussion on the item in which you have expertise and/or interest, is required.
- Suppliers are to provide the Subcommittee with general information as an expert resource and not consider their participation to be a sales opportunity.
- The type and content of material used to facilitate a Suppliers’ discussion must also be preapproved by the Subcommittee Chairperson.
- Entertainment of Subcommittee members during the time that the Subcommittee is meeting is discouraged.
- The meetings are relatively informal.
- Attire is business casual.
Subcommittee members would like to take this time to thank you for your interest in the work we are doing. It is expected that your contribution to the efforts of this Subcommittee will benefit railroads and their suppliers. We will be looking forward to your attendance and participation at our next meeting. If there are any questions, please contact one of the Subcommittee Officers for clarification.